What to expect in 18 days?
3 days for orientation:
Regular orientation held in Johannesburg.
7 days in the Bush:
After arriving on the Friday be prepared to become the expert at everything from identifying animals & their tracks, locating the stars, assisting with animal darting and relocation, alien species removal and knowing which plants you can eat with your dinner!
A day in the Kruger National Park can be expected with a dunk in the swimming pool to chill out in the boiling sun and a lekker bonfire to end off the last day.
With experienced guides and open minds you can become an African after just 7 days before jetting off on the Friday to Cape Town.
7 days at the Beach:
Time to become the next Kelly Slater! After 7 Stoked Surfing lessons along the coastline with local professionals in the picturesque Cape Town waters you will have time to relax & explore.
Catch a tan, learn the lingo and walk with swagger style. The staff can recommend anything for your fancy whether it is local markets, touristic sightseeing, shopping labels, skydiving or delicious cuisine.
Depart that Friday from Cape Town International Airport.
- Transfer from Johannesburg Airport to hostel in Rosebank for orientation
- Meals, transfers and dorm style accommodation for duration of program
- 2 tours & meals during orientation
- Arrival Pack [SIM Card (not smartphone), T-shirt, Emergency Cards etc.]
- Back up support from Awesome Travel and affiliated staff
- Transfer to Go!Kruger Lodge for Bush
- Program and to Nelspruit Airport for flight to Cape Town
- Transfers to and from Cape Town International Airport and accommodations
- Gear for the surf school and equipment required at Go!Kruger Lodge
What’s not included?
- Flights - arriving, departing and between project locations.
- Alcohol & lunches during Beach Section
- Spending money
- Insect Repellant
- Hat, Sunscreen and Water bottle
- Torch with batteries
- Personal First Aid Kit and medication -if required
- Good Hiking Shoes